Project Platform Vielfalt / Kiosk
Encouraging Diversity: Developing a process-oriented information and communication platform for art studies fostering social inclusion
Duration of the project: 01.03.2020 - 31.12.2023
Funded by: BMBWF | Digital and social transformation
The project aims to develop an interactive platform, offering target-group-specific information and communication for new generations of students. While the platform supports existing consulting and information services, it also links and combines analogue and digital communication.
In working groups and workshops, different formats (e.g. tutorial videos, peer-feedback, voice message) for a multilingual digital platform are being developed. The prioritised target groups are high school students, young adults, newcomers without knowledge about artistic professions or study options due to their social or regional setting. All participants (target groups, university staff and students, and cooperation partners) develop, analyse and try out concepts, formats and contents.
The participatory development and the exchange across the cooperating universities guarantee sustainability and will have structure-changing effects.
The project has resulted in the online platform Kiosk, which offers study information that is as inclusive and diverse as possible, particularly with the involvement of students.
- Adaption to the communication habits of future students
- Elimination of implicit as well as explicit barriers for those who don’t have access to specific knowledge and networks
- Open and inclusive access to studies guaranteed by informal, interactive communication and non-elitist language
- Outreach to diverse and non-traditional groups of applicants
- Stronger cooperation within and across universities